Friday, June 26, 2009

Where did I leave you last?

So I've left you all again for another 2 weeks it seems. Camp has still been crazy; we had the first week of our summer camp kids this week. Jon had his set of campers, and he had a great week. And since I work pretty much everywhere, I got to meet a lot of the kids too. Climbing...new places: The Thumb and the Needle and Clear Creek Canyon. Both places were fun, but I had a blast at Clear Creek and am planning to return soon to work on sending this super fun 5.11b. Really overhanging and juggy with a few crimps thrown in and really super fun.

Our support staff started doing our devotions this week in school bus #8, and I'm really enjoying that. I've also started to read Richard Foster's "Celebration of Discipline" which I'm also thoroughly enjoying.

In case I haven't mentioned it yet, I've started to make jewelry and am selling it in the camp store with some success already. :)

Overall, we're having a great time. I'm learning a lot about patience and that it's not about me. And our first devotion in our book, "Contagious Living", was about complaining which left me with some good thoughts and challenges for the week and for the rest of the summer.

Again, hope y'all are doing well, and I hope the weather is better for you...wherever you are (I think that siren I just heard was for a severe thunderstorm or tornado or something). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment